Grand plans today to be productive but things really didn’t go as planned. I had set my alarm to go off at 7 but I accidentally turned it off and woke up at 9. Whoops! The kids had gotten into Legos while I was asleep and they were now everywhere. The whole day felt off and we just couldn’t seem to accomplish much.
Here is what I was able to accomplish today:
- changed and washed sheets
- beds made
- folded 3 loads of laundry-1 put away
- ordered a gift for Maya’s birthday
- made several phone calls and texts regarding plans and get togethers in the next few weeks
- mt. wash-more has been partially sorted
- garden watered- something dug up some of my potatoes, replanted them
- worked on planning and organizing this week- so much to do
- ran dishwasher twice
Some days I am able to get more things done then others. I just have to keep trying and hopefully things will get easier and my days will go a lot smoother. I am thankful for fresh starts and second chances.
After a beautiful weekend spending time together as a family, I told myself I would try to get just a couple things checked off my ever growing to do list before the start of a new week. I went outside with the intention of just picking strawberries and cleaning the chicken coop. Here is what I ended up with:
- strawberries-ready to add to a smoothie in the morning
- 4 eggs (2 out of our 3 spring chicks are finally laying)!
- purple and golden beets- going to try beet tops for the first time and roasted beets with feta are on the menu this week
- flowers from basil plants-turned into pesto, to be used in soups and other dishes over the winter
The chickens now have clean nesting boxes and the chicken tractor moved to fresh grass, the compost has been taken out, and Candy (our bantam chicken) has recovered from her injuries so she can try once again to join the others. If they can’t play nice this time then we may have to look at finding her a new home. Who knew chickens were such bullies.
My fridge is full of mostly healthy food, ready for our meals for the week, some of it we grew ourselves! The dishwasher is currently running so I can have clean dishes in the morning. Feeling so thankful tonight for all these blessings.