I kept sitting down to blog last week but I either fell asleep or had way too much to do. Saturday we celebrated Maya’s second birthday. So we were non-stop all week, preparing, cleaning, cooking, and random last minute things. Yesterday and today were spent recovering from the weekend and working to get back into a routine. Lots of reading, tea, and convenience meals/food.
We got several of the usual Mondays jobs done, survived homeschooling, had movie night with mom, and even managed to do a few loads of laundry. The house is somewhat in order so that I can hopefully accomplish more tomorrow and fingers crossed, get some gardening in. I may even get to bed before midnight so that I can maybe get up at a decent time.
Grand plans today to be productive but things really didn’t go as planned. I had set my alarm to go off at 7 but I accidentally turned it off and woke up at 9. Whoops! The kids had gotten into Legos while I was asleep and they were now everywhere. The whole day felt off and we just couldn’t seem to accomplish much.
Here is what I was able to accomplish today:
- changed and washed sheets
- beds made
- folded 3 loads of laundry-1 put away
- ordered a gift for Maya’s birthday
- made several phone calls and texts regarding plans and get togethers in the next few weeks
- mt. wash-more has been partially sorted
- garden watered- something dug up some of my potatoes, replanted them
- worked on planning and organizing this week- so much to do
- ran dishwasher twice
Some days I am able to get more things done then others. I just have to keep trying and hopefully things will get easier and my days will go a lot smoother. I am thankful for fresh starts and second chances.